Sometimes, a purse is not just a purse, it is:
- The first time that you have carried something that you had no intention of carrying diapers in, because dude your kid is two and potty trained.
- A purse, like a real honest to goodness adult bag. You're 32, why are you not carrying an adult bag. Still with the messenger bag?
- You're 32, why don't you feel old enough to be 32, holy crap shouldn't you have done more by 32.
- Two? She's two, it has been over two years and you've never left her. Include gestation and we're at almost three. Shouldn't you feel more guilty for leaving?
- Why can't I find a damn purse that looks like a grown up purse, but doesn't look like a granny purse, but doesn't look like you're 25, because dude, your 32!!!
- Does this purse make me look like a grandma? Is it edgy enough, is it too big, is it too small?
- What am I doing, I shouldn't go, I shouldn't do it, I don't have the right handbag. People are going to think I'm a loser. Would I be a bigger loser if I carried my Timbuk2 messenger bag?
- I wish I had an iPhone, or at least an iPod Touch with wifi.
*Fine, I'm not 32 yet, but it is like three weeks away (you're welcome to buy me a birthday drink). I'm already feeling 32, in case you couldn't tell.