Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Insert Tab A into Point B

So not so much with the blogging lately. Not that I haven't wanted to, it is just well, that whole work/blog barrier. Work seems to be calming down for now, which is nice. I've also been working feverishly on some sewing projects, including what will be a submission for the next One Yard Wonders book. The first one was such a big hit that Trish & Rebecca are doing another one. Being a published writer is on my bucket list. I figure that while I may never make it for any other writing, maybe I'll have a shot with a pattern. The reality is that I have never written a pattern in my life. I may have bit off more than I can chew. However, since I have a fully finished, and pretty damn awesome, mockup sitting on my kitchen table, I can't just give up now.

Until I finish that, I suspect that posting here will continue to be sparse. It is due April 1st, wish me luck. If it fails to make it in to the book, expect me to publish it here.

In the mean time, here are some pretty photos from a trip to the park on Sunday. I am loving the new camera now that Spring is finally here.



i

2 comments:

Zahra said...

All of your sewing posts lately have renewed my interest in learning how to sew. I actually bought myself a cheap and supposedly easy sewing machine a few years ago but could never figure it out. Now I've found a friend who says she can help me get past the threading of the machine, which is where I'm stuck (I know, lame). With any luck, I'll be sewing soon. And then I hope to buy a book with your pattern in it, so I can sew something cute and fancy. :)

Unknown said...

if you need someone to try the pattern before you submit it let me know.
tere- mom