Thursday, March 25, 2010

If You Sew It...

So last Friday night, I met the wonderful Andrea at Crafty Planet for a little sewing workshop. While I consider myself a relatively skilled sewer, I'll be the first to admit that adult clothing scares the crap out of me. Kid stuff is one thing, but there are aspects of construction that you do with stuff you intend on wearing to work that you just don't worry about when you're talking a skirt for a three year old.

So I went to get a little help from Lisa's workshop. I needed to take an unlined skirt and line it so I could wear it for work. I also needed to make sure that I was on the right track about making sure it fit my rather non curvy body. Well, I don't have the curves you want.

I think it turned out pretty good. I want to make it again, and make improvements. However, I will continue to wear it in to work. It will be awesome for summer.


I even think that I'll be able to make the skirt work in something like a light corduroy for fall. I think I'll even be looking in to more patterns from Favorite Things. They have another even fuller skirt that I think would be fun to change things up.

6 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

That is really cute! Nice job!

Marketing Mama said...

Seriously cute! Love the skirt and love the color!!! Very impressed! :)

Unknown said...

Looking good!!

amy turn sharp said...

you look GREAT!

andreaberg said...

It came out amazing. And you look fabulous in it!

Pusher said...

Woo! Go you!