Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm a bad Hot By BlogHer....

So I went and sort of nagged Christina (my BlogHer roomie) about Hot By BlogHer, and then haven't really done any of the challenges or kept up. I've just been a little overwhelmed. Especially when my weight loss didn't happen quite the way I planned initially.

As of today, I've lost 10 pounds from when I started in March with the Shredheads. It isn't much in weight, but I've made up with it in overall change in my body. More muscle, better clothes fitting. I feel so much better than when I started. I'm continuing my regular exercise, and I'm also keeping up (most days) with eating better. I will go to BlogHer more confident than I was, and really, that is what being HOT is all about.

I still have a long way to go. My weight is still obese, my skin is still going to take time to recover from all of these changes. However, I don't feel like I'll be back sliding at all. I'm confident enough that when I cleaned up the laundry area, I put all the larger sizes in bags to pass on to other friends. There is something about this time that feels different. This weight isn't coming off quickly, it isn't a fad diet, it just small changes that I know I can maintain. I'm hoping when I see my new endocrinologist tomorrow that they agree that I'm taking that right steps. I hope that they can help me find the right tools so I never deal with Type 2 Diabetes.

I feel like I've written this post before, and maybe I have, but I need to remind myself that this is working, that this feels good, but there are still days when I doubt myself.

Of course, I can also look at this great dress I found for BlogHer. Ignore the flash in the window, this was the best shot of the dress. It will look even better with the Spanx I got. I decided not to try them on for the try on photo, they terrify the dog. How did I not believe that they were worth the price before, they totally work, but that is another post.

6 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

That is an awesome dress & you look GREAT!!!

Marketing Mama said...

You look super cute in that dress! Congrats on all your progress!

Syl said...

You look awesome and you are doing it the right way. I think people would get less frustrated and backslide lesser if they remembered that the body can only naurally lose and maintain a certain weight loss. That's why no fad diet works in the long term.

That dress is ultra cute and you are looking good!!!

Mugsy said...

Yeah for pictures of the dress. You look great!

darcie said...

you look HOTT! great dress - great find!!

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

It's a great dress!

Also, congratulations on coming as far as you have. It isn't always the numbers so much as the little, sustainable changes that matter, and you're doing a great job =) You can really see a difference and you can "hear" in your writing that you're so much happier. Well done!