Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Flu Ham Chu

Today M had a fever that met the threshold for "the flu", you know the one. The H1N1... (Sorry, couldn't resist)

We're on flu watch at daycare after a parent of a kid tested positive. My daycare is taking full precautions and following the most restrictive MN rules. That means, after an Influenza Like Illness (ILI), you must stay home seven days AFTER symptoms have cleared. That applies to all members of the household. So, say for instance in a family of three, illness spread out 5-7 days, lasting for three days, we could be out of work/daycare for a MONTH!!!

Do you know how much entertainment of a two year old that is? A two year old that is used to having constant options and entertainment at daycare. Not to mention playground equipment twice a day.

So far it is just a fever, no other symptoms, so this could be just a couple of days. However, provided it is not, I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do. I got provisions from Target tonight including some Color Wonder stuff (to go with birthday present of finger paints) a kiddie pool for the back yard (since we're going to cancel swimming lessons now), and assorted Play Dough implements. I'll save the paper towel rolls, make A get some paint, and I'm sure I'll figure something out, but for now, I'm a little intimidated.

So, I'm looking for ideas, the tweeters have already given me some, but I'm looking for more. This will hit us eventually, might as well get ideas now.

No comments: