Saturday, December 13, 2008

Because It Is Easier

A fun little holiday meme.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper unless it is something that is either too large or too pointy. Then it gets either a gift bag or a big bow. I love wrapping stuff enough that I have often wrapped my own gifts (given to me in nondescript boxes). I also love ribbon over bow because bows are too easily removed or squished.

2. Real tree or Artificial?

I won the fight, artificial. A likes it because we can leave the lights on a lot more, and it really does look good.

3. When do you put up the tree?

When we have time. This year it was last weekend. Now that we have a fake one, I think it will go up earlier.

4. When do you take the tree down?

By New Years, but now that we have the fake one, maybe I will procrastinate more.

5. Do you like eggnog?

Love it, especially with a little extra milk and some real nutmeg (fresh grated of course)

6. Favorite gift received as a child?

Hard to say. I love the scarf my grandma made me but there was also the year I got a fake Cabbage Patch doll that I named Mary Lou (1984, the year after the Olympics).

7. Hardest person to buy for?

My MIL. I hate feeding her accumulation of stuff, but the other more non stuff gifts I have tried to do never get met with the kind of response I want, even though I have put a lot of thought into them. No matter what, I always feel like I am letting her down, and I want so much for her to appreciate me and like me.

8. Easiest person to buy for?

Easily M or her cousin R. I she is going to love playing with all of her toys this year.

9. Do you have a nativity scene?

No, us heathens usually don't.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?

I am going to post a card to my private family blog, and then actually attempt to mail cards this year.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

I don't think I've ever gotten a bad gift. Maybe the year I got tea because someone heard I liked tea, but I was pregnant, couldn't have caffeine, and herbal tea made me want to puke.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?

Love Actually (and I have to fight every year to watch it, but it is just so... awesome)
White Christmas
A Year Without Santa Claus

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I try to hold off until November/December. Usually because my work bonus isn't until mid December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Only very honestly. We do it occasionally with duplicate gifts. It isn't recycling, so much as repurposing.


15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?

Cookies. I finally think I am healthy enough to make them now.

16. Lights on the tree?

Yes, multi colored or single colored. Not such a fan of white.


17. Favorite Christmas song?

All of them? I really like Christmas music. My favorite album is without a doubt A Very Special Christmas.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Yes, but I bounce around the list and have to count them off on my fingers.

20. Angel on the tree-top or a star?

Star. We finally found one we like.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

I'm with my SIL on this one. Santa won't come until you're asleep, so Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Parking lots. That and how it always leaves me feeling a bit empty. This year though, that seems to be changing. Could be the extra adopt a family I took on at work.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?

I tend towards the non religious and I love snowflakes, especially the ones my grandma crocheted. The only thing I really hate are gold balls. HATE them.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?

The beef roulaude stuffed with blue cheese and walnuts I made last year.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?

To not have any hard feelings, and to get to see my brother. When I wrote about Santa before my mom said she didn't remember when I quit believing, but that when I did it was still really important to me that my brother still believe. He has always been important to me (despite the fighting) Other than my parents, he's all I have for family, and I haven't seen enough of him lately. I would also like a DSLR camera (a Canon) and Photoshop Elements.

No comments: