Friday, June 20, 2008

Miracle Shoes or the Adventures of Squeaky

Well, either the shoes are working, or we just had our shoe shopping trip timed perfectly. Walking with assistance only requires one hand, she is standing up fully on her own, and tonight, she stood up and took a couple of steps (before she realized what she was doing) then stood there clapping with us as we cheered her on. Daycare says she'll sit there playing, and then all of sudden just stand up on her own. I couldn't be more pleased. Since fully independent walking is now a pretty sure thing, I'm on the hunt for a pair of sandals. I think I know what I want, but they take weeks to ship, and I don't want to wait. We just hit the 80's, and full shoes may not be the best idea all the time. Pretty sure we're skipping the squeaks with the sandals, not sure though.

We may make our June 14th date after all.

No comments: