Friday, December 4, 2009

For a Saturday in Minneapolis

I've written about it a bit, and I've professed my love for some of the places to eat at Midtown Global Market, but in case you missed it, and you're local, tomorrow is the last day of the No Coast Craft-o-Rama.

I got to walk through (quickly) and this year I think is one of the best yet. The advent of Etsy and the awesome handmade movement means craft shows all of the place have experienced a bit of a rebirth as places for hipsters and artists. Your mom's church basement this is not.

Some of my favorites, Plushroom Soup, Harrilu, Pink Sparrow (all got some business from me already), as well as Jennie the Potter , and more I can't find links to tonight.

The point is, you should go. It really is a great time. It can be crowded, but there is something for everyone. Prints, original art, things for people with kids, with dogs, with too much time on their hands.

And, if you're really curious about what my name is, I'll be there too. At the Information Desk most of the day. Directing traffic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awe, but I know your name! and I can't make it!! Boo HOO
love you da,
your mom
tere