- Despite being a regular small potty user at home, M experienced major big potty fears at daycare.
- Last Thursday, I offered to hold her hand while she tried it. It worked. We have been off and running ever since then. That day, she used it all day long. Even going without prompting.
- Including a 15 minute sit down with a favorite book. She is her father's daughter.
- Friday was another good day, she stayed dry from before nap to bedtime.
- Weekend of backsliding. Poop catchup was the major issue.
- However, first public restroom use, so it was a wash. Had to go four times during dinner, I may never get to eat dinner again.
- Monday, back at daycare. She's now taking herself without any help.
- She's even removing her pull-up and going commando for unknown length of time.
- At the suggestion of daycare, today we brought undies... and 10 pairs of leggings (only slightly exaggerating)
- Instructions from momma. Pull-up for nap (she hated it), back in pull-ups if there is an accident. Still not convinced that she knows when she has to go.
- Unfortunately confirmed she may not know. She was devastated about it though. Went to go before bus ride home, wet pull-up again. I am as confused about how ready she is as she is.
- Tonight, working more on pooping. Got her to try big potty at home. Back and forth between two potties at least 50 times before Momma requested a timer to convince her to stay. No poop, but peed.
- Tomorrow, a Zoo visit and day camp, pull-ups or undies? I am unsure. Perhaps there is a magic 8 ball for potty training
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
I'm very conflicted about posting about potty training, but since other blogger posts about their trials & tribulations have been a source of both amusement and assistance to me, here we go. I give you some snippets of recent happenings, bullet points style.