Friday, June 5, 2009

And 12.25 feet more

Apparently my tweet about addiction was more than just a joke. I can't stop gardening.

Last Saturday I went out and got the wood to make another planter box. That was after I bought more plants on Thursday at the Minneapolis Farmer's Market. You know, I had to find room for them.

I also bought a three foot long window box to help me rotate lettuce crops and two more pots to help me grow a few other things.

So far I have the yellow squash planted (from Dehn's Garden at the FM), some kale (I have a kale obsession you obviously understand if you know me), and some cucumbers in one of the pots. After M wakes up from her nap, I will be going to buy peas. Then in go the peas and I think another row or two or radishes and maybe carrots. You can never have too many radishes.

On the non plant side of things, I've mulched with the ground up stumps and some commercial mulch, and moved the rocks that ringed our tree (that came out two years ago) to around the planter boxes and along the fence. I think it is a nice touch. Added after this picture were two garden gnomes, picked out by M (who went on and on last weekend about our "new gnomes"). Our previous gnome had an unfortunate incident where he lost his arm.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great!! I've thought about the what to have M do while you work in the garden. how about a sand box. You can make a cover for it if you have cats that come into the yard but I think T can keep those at bay.

Christina said...

I love it! Can't wait to see the harvest you get from that garden!