Sunday, March 1, 2009

Random Sunday

When M figures out that on weekends when we don't go anywhere, Mama and Papa sit around in their jammies while she has to get dressed, it is going to be a sad day for A. He loves lounging on the weekends.

-------------------------------------

I keep forgetting to thank PBN for the stuff I keep winning from their blog blasts. A Deluxe Scrabble game, $250 Visa Gift Card, $100 SpaFinder.com gift card, and a bunch of coupons. On top of everything, a couple of issues that I've had actually getting stuff has been resolved by the always professional and wonderful Kristen and Julie. The gift card is part of why I'm going to BlogHer, where I hope they won't mind if I stalk them just a little.

--------------------------------------

Christina hasn't instituted it formally, but informally, I'm going to be Hot by BlogHer. It is now March, the weather *should* be warming up (today was not a good example), so I will start walking. Daylight Savings Time, while I think it isn't the best idea, means light after M's bedtime, which means walking on the Grand Rounds.

--------------------------------------

Having the dress code at work being enforced more again (which normally I wouldn't care about) is hard when you're losing weight and don't want to have to buy new clothes. Especially when quality khakis are hard to find in plus sizes. I had to mail order from LandsEnd.com and I don't even know if they'll fit. Hint: You can get free shipping if you order online at the store, which did take some of the bite out of it.

--------------------------------------

I replaced my super nice Coach wristlet with one like this from Fossil. I wanted another Coach one, but they're all sort of... tacky looking this season. I will miss getting taken more seriously at swanky stores once they saw my Coach bag.

4 comments:

April said...

ok, now i feel much less guilty knowing im not the only repeat PBN winner :-)

btw - did you get your spa GC yet?

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the clothes shopping. I have been thinking the same thing about my office - HOW INCONVENIENT - except I've been gaining weight as opposed to losing it.

Syl said...

I know a lot of people fel icky about buying used clothing but I've found pants at Goodwill with the tags still on. And around here, they have 50% off clothing and shoes the last Saturday of every month.

Christina said...

I haven't instituted Hot by Blogher *yet*. It's coming, trust me. I'm building the website for it this week and looking for prize sponsors.

We're gonna get fit.