Saturday, November 8, 2008

I can haz musik?

Between not having any money since my career started over, and paying for daycare, I haven't really felt like I could afford to buy much music. However, Christmas is coming, and CD's are one of my favorite ways to fill out my wish list. I recently realized I loved The Decemberists, but there has to be more out there.

I also really like locally connected The Hold Steady. However, I'm massively out of touch. Any good suggestions? The Current hasn't been very fruitful lately (and I'm sort of on strike about the whole Morning Show cancelation).

Speaking of the Decemberists, here is my new favorite song, Valerie Plame.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I can't make any suggestions. You've already seen my taste in music :-)

I've been listening to Pandora a lot lately. Sometimes they throw something into the mix that I've never heard but really like.

Anonymous said...

hello! nothing charms me like a request for music, and this is the first time I've seen your blog-- what luck!

here are some current favorites (Decemberists-esque, or in the same ballpark?)

sufjan stevens
devendra banhart
joanna newsom
coco rosie
bonnie "prince" billy
jose gonzales
laura veirs
hot chip
iron & wine

I, too, have no music-allocated funds, so what I do is request that the wonderful Seattle Public Library purchase the CD's I want that they don't have (and they always do), and import it and make myself a copy. I guess that's cheating, or illegal or something? But if it's good music it's for the greater good, I think.