Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The Christmas music may now begin....

Things I learned this year:

It is fun to do family Thanksgiving with my husband, daughter, mom and brother. Much less stress.

A makes the gravy. He's been telling me for years he is an expert, but this year he proved it. I still have to start it, but he makes it the perfect thickness.

Potatoes are just a vehicle for gravy. But only the perfect gravy will work.

Brining a turkey really does help it be more moist, but you still have to cook it all of the way.

Speaking of that, no matter what oven, no matter where I live, I have to learn to add an hour to the cooking time that it should be done at. Dinner will always be an hour late.

M likes stuffing.

The fresh cranberry salad makes M shudder, after she swallows. It is cute.


I'm thankful for everything that I have. My family is wonderful, and I am so very lucky.

No comments: