Thursday, May 28, 2009

It is not a sprint, it is a marathon...

... run by someone who is out of shape, and has never done this before, and isn't entirely sure what she is doing.

I have to remind myself, when I don't lose weight like I want to, when I have a bad week and I eat out a lot, when I just can't make it through my day without chocolate, that this is not about if every single day is a good day. It is about making the right choices more often than I don't, and hitting the big goals, not worry about what the scale says on a daily basis.

Overall, my stamina is great. There isn't a week that goes by where I don't get out and exercise at least twice, usually three or four times. Bad days aside, my portions are smaller and my food choices are better. I am moving in the right direction. Just very slowly.

Tonight I took pictures of myself. Like those ones I took way back when. It took some flipping back and forth, but it is there, it is visible, even semi nekkid. It is there in the way my clothes fit, and how my boss keeps telling me it is showing (she is one of my best cheerleaders and I love it).

It shows in how last night I went for a 3.3 mile walk, despite cracks in my calloused heels and blisters on my feet. That tonight I walked another two miles with Kristen, then came home to install my new girly seat so tomorrow I can ride in to work. I may go days without doing stuff, but it never lasts that long. I can't imagine going in to this winter and letting up on this. I'm already plotting how to fit in going to gym downtown during the day.

So, thanks Kristen, and Julie, and Christina. I'm getting there, slowly, but I am getting there. It may take a couple of BlogHer's, but I'll be the skinny bitch eventually.

PS. Weight, still hovering around 232-235. Though there was the day it was 231.something I nearly died. WHEN it drops below 230 I'll likely throw a party.

No comments: