Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hitchikers


At some point during one of my gardening sprees, I got some top soil that obviously was torn from some cow pasture. Either that or it was some manure. Either way, it came with a lot of annoyances, including thistles, which I think are pretty, but are not kid friendly weeds, and columbine. I am constantly torn between removing it from where it should not be, and "ooo, the pretty". This year it sprouted up by the garage. In an area I cannot mow, and a broken weed wacker cannot cut. So this year, it stays. I am so pleased the decision to keep it has been made for me.

Maybe next year M will be old enough to show her how to suck the honey out without opening it up for her to try to eat all of the other flowers.

2 comments:

ShoNuff said...

If you decide to get rid of the Columbine let me know. I love it and would find a place Pusher would let me keep it.

Unknown said...

Nice, keep all of them. Thistles be gone. Dandelion diggers work great.
Great photo's da!!