Saturday, November 15, 2008

Family & Holidays

I'm desperately trying to come up with a really important and special post today, but I just can't. It was a lazy day (with some work getting done too) and it just feels like too much effort. Especially since I recently found out I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house and I am going to need all of the energy I can get.

We were supposed to go see my brother and his fiance this year. Then their house wasn't going to be kid friendly in time. They were replacing nearly all of the windows in a nearly 100 year old house and the inside trim wasn't going to be done.

So we were going to my in-laws. Which I was less than thrilled about because well, I'm having a grinchy holiday season again already, and I'll save that for the basement or something.

Then my brother calls me at work on Thursday, which he never does, to ask about Thanksgiving. Color me confused, I thought we already decided. He then outs to me that he split with the fiance a couple of weeks ago, and he can now travel to our house. Yay, but not yay because I now need to order a bird (free range organic from the best co-op ever).

Then my mom, who was coming for a quick weekend visit because it has been really long time since she visited, decides that since she will NOT be moving back to Minnesota (wah!), she will now stay for a week, through Thanksgiving so she can also see my brother.

So, I now need to clean, plan a dinner, and deal with a husband who hates house guests, but tolerates my family, but still really doesn't like hosting.

Bonus though, I'm totally going to tell everyone how my first attempt at brining a turkey works. And I get to make the kind of food I want for the meal.

Sorry about the English abuse.

No comments: